Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Of Thievery and Memes

I stole this meme from my good friend Flea. She, of course, stole it from someone else who I am sure stole it, too.

We are all just a bunch of thieves - the crazy Band of Bloggers. Steal away. You know you wanna!


With this Meme I will ask you 5 question which could be book related or not so we can get to know each other better! The only rule is you can't use the same answer twice!

1. What new book coming out soon do you plan to buy?
2. What upcoming book are you dying to read?
3. What series is a must read for you?
4. What new author have you found so far in 2011?
5. What little known author are you a fan of?

My answers (via Squeaks, of course!):
1 and 2. I have a slight problem. Books for me are like potato chips for most people. I can't buy just one. 
For SURE I want Steven James' The Queen (pre-sale right now). It's the 4th book in the Patrick Bowers series and I am hooked. I am always anxiously awaiting Lee Child's newest Jack Reacher book, The Affair (also on pre-order). Finally, I will be running to buy Flesh and Bones, the newest Temperance Brennan book in the Kathy Reichs series. Patience isn't my best virtue either, so pray I make it until August and September...

3. Yikes. Seriously!? Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series, see all three in #1 and 2, John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series, that snarky P.I. Isabel Spellman of Lisa Lutz's Spellman series, and I really enjoy Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar series. 

4. I have discovered some phenomenal writers in 2011. I loved Nancy Rue's The Reluctant Prophet and can't wait to read the next book in the series. I had the opportunity to meet her and learn from her at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer's Conference. She is an amazing person and fantastic writer. My good friend Flea also introduced me to some Christian writers: Dee Henderson, Kristen Heitzmann, and Liz Curtis Higgs

5. Little known author? Hmm...Gabriela Mistral. She was a Chilean poet. Diane Wakoski. Phenomenal poet. I also love Chitra Divakaruni. She entices you with her words. Her novels AND poems are excellent. 

Your turn. Steal from me. Put it on your blog or just share the questions with friends. You never know what you will learn.

No comments: